Brain Injury Resource Center
Brain Injury Resource Center is the place to find links to information on brain injury. While it was designed primarily for traumatic brain injury it contains information relevant to many types of brain injuries. The site is designed to empower you to indentify services and resources specific to your particular needs and objectives and help you formulate, evaluate and implement, goal-directed action plans.
The site was created by a group of professionals and advocates who have joined forces to provide educational resources and case management assistance to individuals with TBI, their loved ones and professionals serving them.
- Brain injury introduction, which promotes patient education and specifies all different types of injuries, their symptoms, commonly used medical terms, and a check list of common impairments due to brain injury.
- Brain injury costs and facts according to the National Institutes of Health.
- Links to brain injury organizations, support groups, chat groups, alliances etc.
The most valuable part of the site is that they will actually get you in contact with a “Case Manger” to interface with your family, doctor, employer, school, lawyer and other significant supports so that you can focus on healing. They will collect and analyze and disseminate information on the nature of TBI, its consequences and effects on the family. They provide for a fee:
- Individual and Family Consultations
- Legal Case Management
- Telephone Consultations
- Workshops for survivors of Traumatic Brain Injuries and families