National Institute of Mental Health
The mission of the NIMH is to transform the understanding and treatment of mental illnesses through basic and clinical research, paving the way for prevention, recovery and cure. For the Institute to continue fulfilling this vital public health mission, it must foster innovative thinking and ensure that a full array of novel scientific perspectives are used to further discovery in the evolving science of brain, behavior, and experience. In this way, breakthroughs in science can become breakthroughs for all people with mental illnesses.
- Support research on PTSD
- NIMH Mental Health Topics Page regarding PTSD
- NIMH Publications including booklets, fact sheets, easy-to-read materials
- Getting Help: Locate Services page for mental disorders including list of healthcare providers and places to get help, hotlines, clinical trials, VA Med Centers etc.
- http://health.nih.gov/ link provides all consumer health information produced by the National Institutes of Health.
- http://medlineplus.gov/ provides authoritative information from government agencies and health-related organizations.
- http://clinicalTrials.gov/ lists federally and privately supported research using human volunteers.
- Also has a Science News section with the most up-to-date information on health-related scientific advancements.