NHF reserves the right, at any time, to modify this Policy. If revisions are made that change the way we collect, use, or share personal information, we will post those changes in this Policy. You should review this Policy periodically so that You keep up to date on our most current policies and practices. We will note the effective date of the latest version of our Policy at the end of this Policy.
- Collection of Personal Information. Personal information refers to information that is connected to Your name and may include things such as Your email address, mailing address, and date of birth. NHF collects personal information when Users voluntarily submit it to us. For example, we may collect or receive information from You when You create an User Account, make a donation through the Web Site, or use or access a Service or Content available through the Web Site.
In addition to personal information that we may receive from You, NHF may collect other information from Users using the following technologies:
- Cookies. “Cookies” are small bits of information that the Web Site places on the hard drive of Your computer. Cookies remember information about Your activities on the Web Site to make Your visits to the Web Site more enjoyable and valuable to You by providing a customized experience and recognizing Your preferences when You visit the Web Site. If You’ve chosen to disable cookies on Your browser, some of the functionality of the Web Site may be lost. Certain Services provided by NHF require that cookies be enabled in Your browser and cannot be used when You have disabled cookies in Your browser.
- Flash Cookies. (also called Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”). Flash cookies are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
- Web beacons or clear pixels. Web beacons are small graphic images on a web page or in an email that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements that You select, or tracking the performance of email marketing campaigns.
- Web server logs. Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages You request to Your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term You entered or the link You clicked to bring You to the webpage. The web server log also may record information about Your browser, such as Your IP address and the cookies set on Your browser by the server.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. NHF’s primary purpose in collecting personal information is to facilitate the Services that You select on the Web Site. NHF may also use personal information for various purposes, including without limitation:
- To help diagnose problems with our Web Site, to administer our Web Site, and to enhance the Web Site for optimal User experience.
- To monitor the usage and performance of our Web Site, and to determine aggregate information about our Users.
- To provide maintenance, support, and customer service for the Web Site.
- To contact Users for information verification purposes and to administer User Accounts.
- To communicate with You about, and administer Your participation in promotions, surveys, and research studies.
- To send You promotional materials, newsletters and other communications.
- Sharing of Personal Information.
- NHF Affiliates. We may share personal information with our affiliates and subsidiaries, including companies that we own or control, that own or control us, or that are under common ownership or control with us, regardless of whether these companies share our same name.
- Service Providers. We may share Your personal information with service providers that perform services for NHF that are necessary for the orderly operation of the Web Site, such as providing marketing assistance, analyzing User Content, and processing payment card information. NHF contracts with service providers, such as payment processing providers to process donations that Users make through the Web Site. Personal information handled by the third party service providers is subject to their terms and privacy policies. Please review the service provider’s terms and privacy policies to better understand how they manage Your data.
- Advertisers. We may share personal information with our third party advertisers. Our advertisers may use Your personal information to display advertisements to You through the Web Site and advertisements for us on third party web sites.
- Law Enforcement. We may share personal information with law enforcement agencies if we reasonably believe unlawful activities have occurred or the personal information may aid in an ongoing investigation. We may also share personal information with law enforcement if we determine, in our sole judgment, that You have violated our agreements or policies or that the release of Your personal information may protect the rights, property, interests, or safety of NHF or any third party.
- Legal Processes. We may share personal information as required by, or permitted by, law, whether in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal processes, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, including defending against legal claims that have been or might be brought against us.
- Business Transfers. Your personal information may be transferred to a third party as a part of our business assets in a sale, merger, reorganization or other transaction involving part or all of NHF. If this should happen, we will provide notice to You.
- Social Networking. The Web Site may offer You the ability to share Your personal information through a social networking site (e.g., Facebook, Twitter), using such site’s integrated tools (e.g., Facebook “Like” button, or Twitter “Tweet” button). The use of such integrated tools enables You to share personal information about Yourself with other individuals or the public, depending on the settings that You have established with such social networking site. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and use in connection with such social networking site or a site’s integrated tools, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these social networking sites.
- Security. NHF employs reasonable security measures to protect personal information from becoming disclosed to individuals who are not described in this Policy. While there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, we will take reasonable steps to ensure the safety of Your personal information.
- NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS. Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents who have an established business relationship with NHF are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. This notice will identify the categories of information shared with and will include a list of the third parties with which it is shared, along with their names and addresses. If You are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to us at the addresses listed below.
- Other Websites. This Policy does not apply to web sites or applications offered by other organizations or individuals that may be displayed as content in a search on the Web Site. NHF encourages You to read the Policy of any third party web site or applications before transmitting personal information.
If NHF needs, or is required, to contact You concerning any event that involves information about You, we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
Effective as of July 19, 2017