2013 Web Survey
Do you suffer with headache problems?
Have you ever accessed online support groups/discussion forums/virtual communities to connect with other headache sufferers?
If you answered yes to these two questions, you may be interested in helping researchers at Griffith University, Australia to understand more about how participation in Headache-related online support group impacts on the individual in terms of patient empowerment and various positive psychosocial outcomes.
We believe that this project is important because it will help develop an understanding of how using online support groups can empower headache sufferers in terms of their own headache management and personal resources/coping strategies.
We also believe that community members might find participating in this research beneficial, with the potential for increased understanding of one’s own coping resources and the potential empowerment processes associated with using online headache support groups.
To complete this survey we require that you meet the following criteria:-
1) Suffered from frequent headaches/migraines for at least 6 months and suffered from headaches/migraines on average at least once per week.
2) 18 years of age or older
3) Have previously accessed online support groups such as this one (there is no minimum number of visits to these sites to prevent participation!)
4) The survey should take approximately 10-15 minutes of your time to complete!
Please follow the link below to find out more information about participating in this research and completing the online survey.
Your support in this research would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance from the research team,
Professor Paul Martin and Elise Candy
2010 Web Survey Results
- Migraine Patient Survey (April 2010) - Power Point Presentations
- Men & Migraines Survey (January 2010)
2009 Web Survey Results
- Impact of Migraine Survey (December 2009)
- Headaches and Exercise (August 2009)
- Do Headaches Get In the Way of Your Travel Plans? (June 2009)
- NHF Awareness Benchmark Survey (May 2009)
- The Mother-Daughter Headache Relationship (April 2009)
2008 Web Survey Results
- Weather Changes & Headaches (December 2008)
- Headache Treatment Patterns (November 2008)
- Headaches & Depression (October 2008)
- Headaches & Healthcare Utilization (September 2008)
- Headaches & The Economy (August 2008)
- Back-to-School & Headaches (July 2008)
- Migraine Headaches & Associated Symptoms (June 2008)
- Headaches & The Workplace (May 2008)
- Menstrual Migraine(April 2008)
- Type of Headache (March 2008)
- Headaches in the Environment(January 2008)
2007 Web Survey Results
- Sex and Headaches (December 2007)
- Taking Better Care of Your Headaches and You in the New Year (November 2007)
- Hangovers, Headache & The Holidays (October 2007)
- Do Headaches Cause You To Miss Out on Life? (September 2007)
- Headaches and Depression (August 2007)
- Folk Remedies (July 2007)
- Do Your Teens Experience Headache? (April 2007)
- Men and Headache (March 2007)
- Cutting Through the Medical Advertising Clutter (February 2007)
2006 Web Survey Results
- Traveling with Headaches (December 2006)
- When Do You Decide to See a Healthcare Provider About Your Headaches? (November 2006)
- Hangover Headaches (September 2006)
- Do You Suffer From Other Health Conditions in Addition to Migraines? (August 2006)
- Has a Traumatic Event Ever Caused a Headache (July 2006)
- Women and Migraine (June 2006)
- Migraine Myth or Fact? (May 2006)
- Do Hormones Impact Your Headaches? (April 2006)
- Does Stress Impact Your Headache? (March 2006)
- Do Allergies Affect Your Headache? (February 2006)
- ER/Urgent Care Treatment (January 2006)
2005 Web Survey Results
- Does sleep affect your Headaches (December 2005)
- How does smoking impact your Headaches (November 2005)
- Where Do You Receive Your Headache Information? (October 2005)
- Holiday Headaches (September 2005)
- How Do Your Headaches Impact Your Family? (August 2005)
- Tell Us What You Know About Migraine Prevention (July 2005)
- Treating Headaches With Complementary Therapies (June 2005)
- Travelling With Headache (May 2005)
- Summer Foods May Cause Headaches (April 2005)
- How Do Headaches Impact Your Life? (March 2005)
- Talking to Your Healthcare Provider (February 2005)
- Environmental Factors (January 2005)