The Traumatic Brain Injury Survival Guide site is very unconventional in that it is an online book focused specifically on TBI by Dr. Glen Johnson, a Clinical Neuropsychologist and Clinical Director of the Neuro-Recovery Head Injury Program in Traverse City, MI. Even the though the site, literally reads like a book and has links to chapters, the information is given very concisely in laymen’s terms and information easily resonates with sufferers as they read.
- Common Indicators of Head Injury
- How the Brain is Hurt
- Understanding how the brain works
- Dealing with doctors
- Family Members: What you can do in the hospital setting
- Emotional Stages of Recovery
- Coping with Common Problems – this section includes memory, headaches, organization, getting overloaded, sleep disorders, fatigue, anger and depression and word-finding.